PixelPoint POS runs on any PC or Integrated All-in-one POS terminal using any of the following Windows 32-bit Operating Systems:
Windows 2000 Pro, 2000 Server, 2000 Terminal Services, POS Ready 2009, XP Home, XP Pro Embedded, Windows 2003 Server Family.
Minimum Hardware Requirements:
866 MHZ+ Processor, 256MB Ram (Client) or 512MB Ram (Server/Client), 1GB Hard Disk
PAR's PixelPoint POS is a Client Server application. It includes:
- the SQL Database (server) which manages data, and
- the POS software (client) which is what you see and use on the systems.
The hardware configuration is determined by a few factors, like the size of the restaurant, the volume of transactions, the budget allocated to POS as a whole, and so on. PixelPoint POS can scale from running entirely on one (1) POS Station, whereby menu configurations and running reports are done on the POS station, to running hundreds of POS Stations in the same site, where there are dedicated PCs for different functions.
Here is a general guideline for the equipment you can setup in your restaurant based on number of terminals:
- Single POS Station - Run all applications on that one terminal, including POS, Database Server, Backoffice, Reporting, Credit Card management, and so on.
- Up to 3 or 4 POS stations - You could choose to run all applications on the POS terminals, or for convenience, you could add a Backoffice PC that enables you to run Reports, Backoffice functions or gain access from a remote location without interrupting the operation of the POS terminals.
5 stations and up - Larger installations warrant the use of a dedicated PC Server to host the Database Server and any agents, like Credit Card Management since there is a higher volume of transactions, and the added cost of a dedicated PC Machine is minimal compared to the overall cost of a 5+ POS terminal system. These configurations see a Dedicate PC Server, a Backoffice PC, and the POS terminals.
- Many Stations, Multi-Revenue Centre Installations - Combine any of the above configurations in large sites using our Distributed Database Technology, whereby revenue centers can run their own localized environment, but still remain part of the overall group of systems on the property, offering high availability and increased performance.
- Multi-site Installations - Use our HeadOffice Software to connect any number of PixelPoint POS sites. PixelPoint HeadOffice is designed for those companies that want to manage their group of restaurants, using PixelPoint's own super stable Enterprise Replication Technology, in one simple, out-of-the-box solution.